Collection of English Legal Documents of the 19th Century
|Title:||Collection of English Legal Documents of the 19th Century|
|Call Number:||MS 88-23|
|Size:||3.0 linear feet|
|Acquisition:||Donated by Joan Renick|
|Processed By:||LTM, 11-30-1987; JEF, 2-18-1998; MN, 11-2012|
Literary rights were not granted to Wichita State University. When permission is granted to examine the manuscripts, it is not an authorization to publish them. Manuscripts cannot be used for publication without regard for common law literary rights, copyright laws and the laws of libel. It is the responsibility of the researcher and his/her publisher to obtain permission to publish. Scholars and students who eventually plan to have their work published are urged to make inquiry regarding overall restrictions on publication before initial research.
This collection of English legal documents of the 19th century contains six legal documents such as wills, land leases and land purchases. The documents date from 1843 to 1891.
Detailed Description: Box and Folder Listing
|Oversized Storage||Document 1||Last will and testament of Mary Ashton: Probate of the will with a codicil of Ashton, late of the City of Lincoln, 1850.|
|Oversized Storage||Document 2||Last will and testament of Sarah Sharpe: Probate of the will of spinster Sharpe, late of the City of Lincoln, 1854.|
|Oversized Storage||Document 3||Lease agreement to a parcel of land, leased by James Whitaker to James Muttall, April 25, 1843. The document was written in the [illegible] Court of the Right Honorable Henry James, Lord Montagu, of the Manor of Accrington in the County of Lancaster, Scotland.|
|Oversized Storage||Document 4||Probate of the will of John Fox of Shelton Lodge in the Parish of Shelton in the County of Nottingham, deceased, dated April 1, 1891.|
|Oversized Storage||Document 5||Lease agreement between George Augustus Marquis of Donegaee and Thomas Ainsworth of some land in the Belfast Barony of Belfast, Ireland, December 16, 1872.|
|Oversized Storage||Document 6||Deed of sale of land located in Park Avenue Southport in the county of Lancaster. It was sold to Messrs. Walter and Will Lord from Messrs. Shadrack Barker, Abraham Barker and others, dated February 14, 1882.|