Rules and Policies for Using Collections
- These non-circulating collections may be used in Special Collections and University Archives'
reading room from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The staff is
available for consultation on research topics.
- Readers are asked to use pencils or computers only when taking notes,
and to leave briefcases and book-bags with the staff.
- Advice on handling the material will be given to those new to primary
source or rare book research. All material should be handled carefully
and not marked in any way. Readers should not rest paper, books
or hands on materials while working. Books should not be propped
against the edge of a table or on other books. Cover supports
and archival-quality bookmarks are available from the staff.
- Research requests received through the mail, e-mail, or over the telephone
will be handled as time, the availability of staff and the fragility
of the material allows. Due to limitations imposed by the small size
of the staff, we cannot handle requests that require extensive research
or photocopying on our part.
- Selected manuscripts and pages from books may be copied for private
research use only if the items can withstand the stress of copying.
Special Collections and University Archives, Wichita State University
Libraries, reserves the right to limit the number of copies made for
any patron. Photocopies will be made with the understanding that they
are for the convenience of the individual who requests them in order
to facilitate research; they may not be consulted by or transferred
to any other person or institution without written permission.
Top | Policies
| Contact us | Special
Collections home page