All images can be browsed in a chronological way. There are three types of images for browsing: Survey Maps, Atlas Introduction and Atlas Maps.
- Click the "Browse" tab on the menu bar, you can choose from either "Survey Maps," "Atlas Introduction" or "Atlas Maps."
- Once you choose a category to browse, the first 10 records will be displayed.
- Click "Next 10 Maps" to view more records, and click "Last" to go to the last record.
- Each record comes with a thumbnail and some metadata, including Title, Subject, Creator, Original Date, Digital Date and Description.
- Click the thumbnail for larger view.
The enlarged versions of the images are presented in Zoomify. Once you click a image thumbnail, the browser will display its cooreponding large image in Zoomify EZ. The image can be zoomed and paned in an optimal way, and it doesn't require a browser plug-in.
Zoomify provides various functions in zoom and pan. Below is a list of function buttons in the Zoomify:
- Zoom Slider.
Move the slider left and right to zoom in and out of the image.
- Zoom In
- Zoom Out
- Move Left
- Move Up
- Move Down
- Move Right
- Full View
Go to Zoomify website to learn more about it.
This website offers simple keyword search of all images. Two or more keywords can be combined using “AND” and “OR.” By default, the search terms are combined using “AND.”
- All fields are searchable.
- Do not use quotation marks in your search.
- Search example: Wichita (single term), Range 1 West (single phrase), Wichita AND(OR) Range 1 West.
This site conforms to the W3C's guidelines for eXtensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML) 1.0 Strict.
This site complies with the W3C's Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Level 2.
This site complies with the Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines for accessibility.