Title/Object Name: Miller Theatre
Creator: Unknown photographer
Date Original: Circa 1940
Physical Details: 9.25 x 7.5 inches
Description: Looking west at façade of Miller Theatre, 115 North Broadway. The Miller opened in 1922 with a seating capacity of 2000. In 1928 it presented the first “talking” motion picture to be shown in Wichita. In addition to films, live stage shows, music programs, and celebrity appearances were also featured at the theater. The movie house closed in 1970 and was razed in 1972. The restaurant at right is Garvie’s at 117 North Broadway, which opened in 1940.
Keywords: Arts and entertainment, business and industry, sports and recreation, movies, films, neon, Ann Sheridan, George Raft, architecture, Wichita.
Subject: Wichita (Kan.) -- Pictorial works
Collection Name: Tihen
Date Digital: 2003